Crossroads Advisers was founded by Christopher Goebel with the intent to provide Business Advising from a Business Owner’s Perspective. With over 30 years of managing a family business through 3 distinct transition and ownership structures with a field expertise in passenger transportation, Christopher founded CROSSROADS ADVISERS. This firm offers two specific types of consulting services:
- Working with family or privately held companies, assisting business owners to prepare for one of the most significant financial, emotional, psychological and life changing event of their lives – Business Transition/Succession/Exiting!
- Providing professional field expertise advising in all aspects of passenger transportation operations, management, acquisitions, service development and implementation, contract negotiations, vehicle procurement, telematics, software integration, MBA/WBA vendor development and bid/rfp proposal processes.
Christopher Goebel grew up working in his family business at the bottom sweeping floors to become President / General manager. His from the bottom up commitment, dedication, family dynamics, business acumen transformed their Mom and Pop business to a $38.9+ multimillion dollar family enterprise. As current entrepreneur, former President, General Manager of his family business Lakefront Lines and Hopkins Airport Limousine Service, Christopher was fortunate to work with his father and six of siblings over the past 20+ years. As a result of being a driving force in his family business Christopher has experienced:
- Business transition from a business owner’s perspective
- The financial ups and downs of building a family business
- Unique qualities and attributes that distinguish family businesses
- Generational Transition from 1st to 2nd generation
- Business growth through acquisitions and organic growth opportunities
- Successful business exiting from family owned to Private Equity
- Transitioning from Private Equity to UK Publicly owned company
Christopher believes that:
“Among the things you can give and still keep are your word, a smile, and a grateful heart.”
Christopher now is dedicated to working with family owned or privately held business to successfully develop and implement Transition Planning, either through succession or exiting process. He utilizes a Value Acceleration Methodology which focuses on increasing enterprise value. While aligning with the owners personal, financial and business goals. To effectively accomplish this process Christopher utilizes a Business Transition Assessment Platform.
In addition, Christopher advises on all aspects of passenger transportation operations, management, acquisitions, service development and implementation, contract negotiations, vehicle procurement, telematics, software integration, MBA/WBA vendor development and bid/rfp proposal processes.
Christopher received both his BA degree in marketing and MBA in business administration from Baldwin Wallace University. In addition, Christopher has received a Certified Exit Planning Advisors (CEPA) certificate from Exit Planning Institute and Family Business Advisers certification from Galliard Family Business institute. He has participated in Crain’s Family Business Forum, EDGE CEO Round-Tables along with other business forums and speaks nationally on the topic of Business Transition Planning.
Advising from a business owner’s perspective.
Crossroads Advisers is a specialized advisory firm serving family-owned or privately held businesses in a collaborative effort with other trusted advisers that recognizes the unique dynamics of business transition, succession and exiting; in addition to passenger transportation services solutions. All designed to provide positive business results and creative outcomes.